The UK holiday property market has performed very strongly in recent years and the growth looks set to continue.
- Research by Mintel found that the good summer weather over the past few years has seen an increase of 4.7% in domestic holidays. This has equated to a 6.2% increase in tourism expenditure.
- The value of Sterling has dropped by up to 20% since the Brexit vote. Brits get less value by going abroad and are seeing the obvious monetary advantages of holidaying in the UK.
- Shorter breaks with less travel time are now more popular. Accommodation operators Holiday Cottages reported a 74% increase in short break stays.
- According to Visit Britain, inbound tourism grew by 1.7% in 2019 with spending increasing by 9.1% to £25.0bn. Forecasts for 2020
predict visitor growth of 2.9% and spend by 6.6%
- A +5.5% increase in the total number of holiday lets available. It’s estimated that there are now approximately 165,000 HPL in the UK
Have a question about holiday home ownership? Please fill in the form below and one of our Holiday Heroes will be back in touch within 48 hours.Make an enquiry
Whilst you wait... just think about being in your swimmers, the sun's out and the smiles are big